|E-Learning Center Membership Agreement
Welcome to the E-Learning Center! To protect your rights, please read the agreement carefully before registering yourself as a member of the E-Learning Center. By clicking the Agree button, you have acknowledged that you have read the agreement, agree to be bound by the terms and conditions and accept to become a member of the E-Learning Center or consent to use any the services provided
You understand that you are allowed to access the services after having registered as member of the E-Learning Center. While accessing the services provided by E-Learning Center, you agree to accept and comply with the member's terms and conditions, all other important regulations, and without violating any applicable local law.
||DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
E-Learning Center provides members access to all web-based information services through the Internet. Members must provide all computing equipment necessary to make a connection and pay all costs incurred in accessing the Internet including the associated telephony fees.
- 2.1 In consideration for the services provided by E-Learning Center, you agree to provide complete, accurate and true personal information. You are to promptly update your information online if changes occur after registration.
- 2.2 If any personal information provided by you is inaccurate, or not updated, or may mislead, E-Learning Center retains the right to terminate your membership and your rights to use of all services, at any point in time.
- 2.3 If any personal information provided by you violates or damages the objectives of the E-Learning Center services, E-Learning Center retains the right to terminate your membership and your rights to use of all services, at any point in time.
||MODIFICATION TO MEMBERSHIP REGULATION
E-Learning Center reserves the rights to modify the membership regulations from time to time. The modification will be published on the homepage without notifying any of its members individually or specifically. Once the member refuses to accept the modification, he/ she must discontinue the use of E-Learning Center's services. Continued usage of the services renders that members have agreed to accept and to be bound by the revised terms and conditions.
TERMINATION AND MODIFICATION TO SERVICES
E-Learning Center reserves the right to discontinue or modify the service content or terminate any member's account without prior notice at any point in time. Under all circumstances, E-Learning Center will not be liable to its members or to any third party for any distress, inconvenience or damage that may result from the discontinuation or modification of the service, or the termination of the member's account.
- 4.1 The E-Learning Center reserves the right to terminate or suspend the service under the following situations:
- Maintenance and construction work required on any telecommunication equipments;
- Unforeseen malfunction of any telecommunication equipments;
- Services made unavailable due to termination without reasons by the email service provider applied by E-Learning Center;
- Termination of service caused by natural disasters or unforeseen circumstances.
- 4.2 Member acknowledges and agrees that the company, which provides E-Learning Center services, its business partners or related telecommunication service providers are not liable to members for compensation in any kind, that may result from partial or complete operational suspension; temporary service disruption; delay in operation causing error in information transmission and storage; third party system intrusion and tampering or fabrication of information, that may arise from failure or malfunction of the network, software and hardware facilities.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND NOTIFICATION OBLIGATIONS
Member IS obliged to maintain the confidentiality of their accounts and passwords and all activities associated with their accounts. For the protection of personal rights, member is not to disclose one's accounts or passwords or transfer one's account to another person. Member agrees to immediately notify E-Learning Center of any unauthorized use of Member's account or any abnormal usage or any breach of security known to Member.
Member understands and agrees that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the services by E-Learning Center is done at member's own discretion and risk and that member will be solely responsible for any damage to member's computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
||SPECIAL AGREEMENT ITEM
Member agrees not to use the E-Learning Center's services to harm, harass and assault the Center's director(s), employee(s), consultant(s), affiliate(s), advertiser(s) and related business partner(s).
8.1 The E-Learning Center may not disclose personal information collected during registration such as name, address and email address etc. without seeking Member's consent except under the following situations: (1) to comply with legal regulations; (2) as requested by any law enforcement agency or legal processes; (3) to protect and defend the property and rights of the center; and (4) to act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of other members or third parties.
8.2 Member acknowledges and agrees that the E-Learning Center, affiliates and business partners under reasonable grounds may collect, process, preserve, transmit and use personal information registered and stored by Member to provide users with other information and service; for statistical purpose; to carry out behavioral survey and research in the web behavior; and any legitimate and service provision purposes.
||DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- 9.1 The E-Learning Center does not provide warranties, express or implied, in all its services. The E-Learning Center does not guarantee that the services will be stable, secure, error-free and uninterrupted. Member understands and agrees that the use of the service is done at member's own discretion and risk and that member will be solely responsible for any damage resulting from the use of the services.
- 9.2 The E-Learning Center does not provide warranties for any goods purchased or obtained through the service or any transactions entered into through the service. Member understands and agrees that the E-Learning Center is not responsible for any defects and warranty issues for all goods and services made through the Center. Member must contact the related merchants and service providers directly for all issues pertaining to goods and services.
|| LIMITATION TO INDEMNIFICATION
- 10.1 Member agrees to indemnify the E-Learning Center from any claims and demands for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages arising from the use or inability to use the services. If the services used by Member are valued in monetary terms, the E-Learning Center will only compensate Member for those services but not exceeding its valued amount.
- 10.2 If the above compensation limitation is not permitted under jurisdiction, then the limitation will not be applicable.
- 11.1 The E-Learning Center will provide Member with a web-based email service and will not be responsible for system delays, failure to store email messages and email deletion.
- 11.2 E-Learning Center reserves the rights to adjust the email storage capacity for the email service offered to members at any point in time.
- 11.3 Users of the email service acknowledge and agree that the content of messages transmitted by users though the E-Learning Center or email service is entirely for the purpose of personal correspondence. The E-Learning Center will not review, disclose or publicize the content except under the following situations: (1) to comply with legal regulations; (2) as requested by law enforcement agency or legal processes; (3) to protect and defend the property and rights of the E-Learning Center; and (4) requested by other Members or third party with reasonable and credible declaration advocating the email for the damage and attack of personal reputation, and infringement of privacy, intellectual property rights, and other rights.
- 11.4 User acknowledges and agrees that all emails and its related information received through the E-Learning Center is entirely the correspondence between the user and the sender. This is therefore the sender's responsibility and not the E-Learning Center's for any violation of law or right infringement that may arise from these emails. Users agree that it their responsibility to demand their rights from the sender of these mails.
||E-LEARNING CENTER SERVICES
By creating or participating any of the course, you acknowledge and agree that the E-Learning Center reserves the rights to broadcast, edit, copy or delete all information, which you have posted without seeking your consent. The E-Learning Center maintains the rights to in the course that you have created or participated.
- 12.1 The E-Learning Center does not represent, take any stand, or is responsible for the copyrights of opinions and discussions on articles, links, photographs and files. All opinions expressed, articles, links, photographs and files post are entirely the author's (publisher's) perspective and standpoint. The E-Learning Center reserves the rights to re-categorize or remove the course at any point in time.
- 12.2 The E-Learning Center is not liable for the conduct and dealings of all its teachers and students. The use of its E-Learning service for students to damage other's reputation; privacy; or infringes on business secret, trademarks, copyright, patent, other intellectual property rights, and other proprietary rights of any party are strictly prohibited. The Center is not liable for the breach of secrecy obligations of lawful and contractual agreement; impersonation or dissemination of false information; transmission of any content that is pornographic, obscene or contains other unethical opinions or information; transmission or dissemination of software virus; engagement of unlawful transactions or posting of false and unauthentic information that lure others to commit criminal act or violate laws on consumer rights, fair transactions, and others stipulated by the Republic of China, especially in the trading in firearms, narcotics or software privacy and other illegal acts. The person(s) involved will take full legal responsibility for his/ her actions, while the E-Learning Center will initiate to cooperate with the related organization in the investigation.
||INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All works and materials on the E-Learning Center website is protected by copyright, patent, trademark, business secret, intellectual property rights, and other proprietary rights, entirely owned by the Center or respective rights owners. With exception to rights that are legally authorized by the E-Learning Center or the respective rights owners, Members agree not to arbitrarily duplicate, transmit, modify, edit; or utilize the content in any manner or forms, for any purpose. Violators will otherwise face legal liability.
All the links on the E-Learning Center website or web page of the services may lead to websites managed by individuals, companies or organizations. The provision of these links is solely for the convenience of the Center's Members who may conduct independent searches in order to obtain information. The E-Learning Center does not endorse the products; services and information provided by these sites through the links nor warrants their authenticity, completeness, timeliness, and reliability. Moreover, the E-Learning Center is not and does not have any hiring, appointment, representation, partnership or any other relationships with the linked sites managed by these individuals, companies or organizations.
||MEMBER'S OBILIGATION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Member agrees to be entirely responsible for the content transmitted either by one or through the E-Learning Center.
- 15.1 Member pledges to obey to the related laws and regulations of the Republic of China and all international Internet standards stipulations and convention. The User also agrees to abide by the local laws and Internet conventions governing the websites that are outside the Taiwan region.
- 15.2 Member agrees and guarantees not to announce or transmit on the E-Learning Center's website writings, graphics or any kind of files that are libelous, false, threatening, vulgar, obscene, unlawful, offensive and slanderous or violates other person's intellectual property rights.
- 15.3 Member agrees not to engage in any advertising activities or peddle any goods within the E-Learning Center website.
- 15.4 Member agrees to refrain from discussing personal matters in the public forum area and to respect other parties' rights and privacy when posting opinions on articles.
- 15.5 Member agrees to fully respect copyrights and refrain from publishing literal materials, graphics or any types of files that violate other parties' intellectual property rights.
||16. PROHIBITION OF LAW VIOLATION ACT
Member acknowledges and agrees that the E-Learning Center holds the final decision on their conformity to the members' standard of conduct. If the E-Learning Center decides that any Member's conduct violates the membership regulation or any legal order, Member agrees that the E-Learning Center reserves the rights to terminate Member's rights to use his/ her account or have it removed, at the same time bar he/ she from the use its services. Members are solely responsible for any legal liabilities that may arise.
Member acknowledges and agrees that they are liable to compensate damage and supplement the expense incurred (including and not limited to attorney's fee and cost for carrying out civil, prosecution or administrative procedure) by the E-Learning Center or related enterprise, employee, delegate, agent and other related counselor that arose from their violation of related law or any of the agreement terms.
||SERVICE TERMINATION OR AMENDMENT
- 18.1 The E-Learning Center can disqualify or terminate any membership or enforce restrictions at any point in time without notification. Member shall not demand for any compensation or claims.
- 18.2 The E-Learning Center reserves the rights to add, modify and remove its services (or any part thereof) in the future without any specific notifications. Members shall not demand for any compensation or claims.
||ADVERTISEMENT OR PROMOTIONAL PLANS
Member understands that the content of commercial advertisements and marketing materials published on the E-Learning Center are entirely provided by the advertisers and goods and service providers and that the E-Learning Center only provides the media for the content publication. Member agrees that the E-Learning Center is not liable to the transactional relationship that results from their decision to purchase products and services based on the information on the respective products and services provided through the website of E-Learning Center. This transactional relationship is entirely between the members and the goods and service providers.
||EFFICACY OF SPECIFIC CLAUSE
If the entire or any of the provisions in this agreement is declared invalid, the other provisions in this agreement shall remain in effect.
LAWS AND COURT OF JURISDICTION
This agreement with all the obligations occurred between Members and E-Learning Center shall be applied and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of China. All disputes shall come under the jurisdiction of Taipei District Court in Taiwan for the initial trial.